Thursday, July 05, 2007

How does it look?

Well, the first year of medical school has come to an end...aaaahhhh. It's like drinking a cold beverage on a hot day. It was a good year, Cheryl and I expanded the family with some dogs, traveled to Honduras and met a lot of people along the way. Typically, when a block ends I come home after my last final and just kind of look around and think..."well now what?" I feel a little lost when I don't have to think about studying or an exam (quiz to some) or any other pressure that comes along with school. This "end" was a little different. First, as I've said, this block signified the end of first year, when I start up again in august I will officially be an MSII. The other interesting thing about this block was I had some company at home. My mom and dad arrived shortly before my finals were over and did a little house work for us. I say "little" with a smirk on my face because I can't believe how much they got done in such a short period of time. Cheryl and I have been joking with them that they would be painting, we weren't really sure if it would happen or not. I believe it was the day after they arrived that we went to the HD, picked out our paint, and they were at work. Even after we purchased the paint I wasn't sure when it would start, but "you know mom," she gets too excited to see the end product of a project, so she was off to work. Within a few short hours (while i was studying) our wall and bathroom had one coat. Early the next day, they were done, and the next day, our entire kitchen was finished before I left for my afternoon exam. They did an awesome job, we love how the colors ended up looking; my parents like it too, I'm pretty sure they are taking the suede paint home with them to use it. Cheryl and I are so fortunate to have such great families, here are some photos:



Our suede accent wall, this is the only wall in our living room that we painted, it really looks nice; mom did a great job with the suede technique. The "Jersey Shore" bathroom. We had some pictures from the shore and thought it would be fun to have a room that reminded us of our vacations from previous years. I actually did do a little painting in this room (smallest one).




I liked the color we picked for the kitchen, but was still unsure of how it would turn out. After I walked downstairs for a break my apprehension was gone. I think it looks great, Cheryl loved it too. One big concern was how it would blend with the accent living room wall, check it out...






4 Comments:

Blogger The Maxwell House said...

man i can't wait for thanksgiving!!!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I love the colors. Mom is so task oriented - that's a great thing about her. Love the Jersey Shore bathroom too! Thanks for the update.

5:08 PM  
Blogger The Hulfish Family said...

It looks awesome!! I love the color combinations. Families are awesome - I can't wait for mom to get home to finish my Roman shades! Gosh she left half way through my project to complete yours in 2 days! It really does looks great!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

The place looks great!! We may have to stop in for a visit soon! Think ya can handle all of us?? I love the fact too that I see my kiddos on the fridge!! Awesome!!!

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home